My main system is my favorite:
I just ordered and assembled this in August 2008. It was budget, not the greatest, but AWESOME.
- Intel E8400 Core2 Duo 3.0GHz
- Patriot Extreme Performance 2gb RAM
- Cooler Master Centurion 5 case
- Seagate Barracuda 1TB HD
- Samsung All-in-one super CD/DVD write/read, etc. optical drive
- Nvidia 8800GT 512mb
- Gigabyte Mobo
- 22″ Envision LCD
Yeah, it rules.
I got this computer in August of 2007. Yes, it is almost brand new. My school requires a computer, because it is awesome. If not, I may still only have my old system [not good]. This is a tablet pc, the best kind. There is nothing like writing on your computer screen. OneNote 2007 is the best piece of Office, and definitely the most useful. I have the rest of Office 2003 as well.
Only features I use are listed.
- 14in Tablet PC
- Ubuntu Hardy Heron 8.04-1
- Intel Core2 Duo T7300 2.0GHz
- 2GB of ram [my favorite stat]
- Fingerprint reader
- CD/DVD Reader and Burner [unbelievably useful]
- Media card reader
Dell Dimension E310
This is my old computer. I got it for Christmas 2005 from my parents. The computer is still good, but I needed a laptop for school.
Once again, only features I use are listed…
- Windows XP Media Center Edition
- Intel Pentium 4 with hyper-threading
- 2gb of RAM now
- CD Burner
- DVD Reader [I know, no burner. See above]
- 17in Monitor
- Not much else. This system isn’t anything special, but it does what I want it to well.
The Old Gateway
This our old (6+ years) pc. With my family’s recent acquisition of a newer computer, this has become my main experimentation machine. It is kind of slow and old, but expendable, so I can mess with it!
These are the main stats:
- 1.6 gHz Pentium 4
- 128mb ram (yes, iknow that is a ridiculously small amount of ram)
- Ubuntu Server 7.10
- 40gb hard drive.
- Had Windows ME at first (dying…).
- Tried to put Linux on it several times before making into a server.
- Rarely fully assembled; usually has the side of the case off (not sure exactly where it is…)
It is my mess-with computer. Junk, but if I destroy it I won’t be out anything.
Various family PCs have been used by myself when I needed them as well.