My Compatibilizer extension, in dire need of an update, has gotten it! My bad bash skills when I made the first script are now better, so it works a lot better.
The big change is that now it accepts a filename as a parameter. Multiple .xpi files will not affect it at all.
Also I made the temp directory have a random name so as not to interfere with any existing ‘temp’ directories.
That’s all. The script now even installs the extension for you! Note that this requires root priveleges, it runs gksudo to get them. Then it will open up a fresh firefox (technically it belongs to root) and install the extension. The extension is global, so it will be visible in your profile.
Download it here.
Source code (GPL):
#!/bin/bash #Daniel's Firefox extension compatibilizer! #Version 2 adds features! #Warning! This script is untested on anything but my computer. filename=$1 tempdir=compat_temp$RANDOM echo 'Starting extension compatibilizer.' echo 'Unzipping to temporary directory.' mkdir $tempdir unzip -q $filename -d $tempdir/ rm $filename cd $tempdir/ cp install.rdf install.rdf.backup echo 'Replacing max version number...' sed 's|.*|5.0|' install.rdf.step sed 's|em:maxVersion=".*"|em:maxVersion="5.0"|' install.rdf echo 'Done replacing max version number' zip -q -r temp.xpi * echo 'Remade extension.' echo 'Moving extension.' mv temp.xpi ../[compatibilized]$filename echo 'Extension moved. Deleting temp dirs.' cd ../ rm -r $tempdir gksudo firefox-3.0 -install-global-extension $filename echo 'Done! Installed globally in Firefox.'
Thanks for getting me to do this, Tyler!
Filed under: Uncategorized |